Sunday, September 13, 2009

NAC Orientation Closing Remarks

I know that I still have one or two more posts from orientation that need to find their way onto my blog, but today marked the official end of orientation. All the old men were due back by 11:30 PM last night, so we celebrated Sunday Mass this morning with the full house, which was really rather beautiful. After Mass we had Sunday brunch and the closing remarks from the second-year orientation head, as well as the opening remarks from the rector. It was nice to get to catch up with some old friends from Steubenville among the upperclassmen. On that note, Ted Martin got back a week ago today. We went out to dinner as a diocese- Ted, Francis, and I. As funny as it sounds, we actually went out for German food! It was quite good, though.

It has been very good to get to spend some time with both of them. I only knew them so well back in Kalamazoo, so I look forward to getting to know them better over my time here, especially since, God, bishop, and formator willing, I will be serving the diocese with them as my brother priests.

I'll write more when I can and fill you all in on some of the more interesting and bizarre elements of my first few weeks here, especially about the excitement over my room. [:) For now, I am going to get some work done and settle into a more regular schedule of Italian classes and prayer. May God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment