Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Roman Blizzard of 2010

So here are the pictures from the great Roman Blizzard of 2010, which hit us on February 12. According to the workers here at the college, it was the largest snowstorm Rome had seen in 25 years. It progresses relatively chronologically, except for the last two, which are my favorites. I awoke in the morning perplexed, because I saw out my window what looked like incredibly large rain drops. I had been in Rome long enough that snow didn't even register in my mind as a possibility. It quickly progressed throughout the day, then was over before lunch. It was a real treat, as I had been going through snow withdrawal by that point during the winter. Unfortunately for many of the guys in the house, this was a travel weekend, so two thirds of the house didn't get to see the rare Roman snowfall. I was very happy I decided to take the weekend off. Enjoy the pictures.





Here is the enormous snow goalie that some of the guys in the house made.







Just as quickly as it came, the snow was over. Here we are, returning from our exciting snowball fight in St. Peter's Square.


Now my favorite two pictures- very different views of a snow covered St. Peter's Basilica.









No comments:

Post a Comment