Saturday, January 8, 2011

Holy Land Pilgrimage 2010: Day #3 Mount of Beatitudes

Day #3
December 21, 2010 9:00 PM

I forgot to mention that many of us watched the sunset from above Eremos Cave yesterday over the Sea and Tiberius, was was so beautiful and peaceful. I've also watched the sun rise over the Sea of Galilee during my morning prayers these last two days, which was beautiful. Life seems a little slower here, like it should be. I think the way we do things in 21st century America is unhealthy.

Today we climbed the Mount of Beatitudes and had Mass at the top in the church built there. You see why Jesus chose that spot- it's a large expanse, very green, overlooking the mountains and the sea. It's peaceful, beautiful, recollective. We went back in the afternoon to walk the Stations of the Cross up the mountain. We were just doing our own, as there weren't any actual stations or markers along the trail.

It was a tough day for me today. My holy hour was miserable. God grant me peace and recollection... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment