Saturday, January 8, 2011

Holy Land Pilgrimage 2010: Introduction and Day #1

This Christmas break I traveled to the Holy Land with 35 others from our college for roughly two weeks. I thought that the easiest way for me to post about it would be to draw from each of my entries from my journal, which I actually kept during the pilgrimage so that I could recall it later. Without further ado,

DAY #1
December 19th, 10 PM

(We left this morning at around 6:15 from the college for the airport. I had stayed up until 3 AM the night before finishing my Christmas cards, so I was pretty zonked. We got to the airport and everything was smooth. The flight was uneventful, but when we left the airport after our 3.5 hour flight I thought we were almost there. FALSE. Tel Aviv was a good... what, three hour drive, I think, from Galilee, so we then spent the equivalent of another plane flight driving there, which was ok, but unexpected. We got settled in late at our Pilgerhaus on the Sea of Galilee, celebrated Sunday Mass, then got unpacked, cleaned up, and I began journaling shortly before bed.)

Not too much to report tonight- we got settled in this evening. I am anticipating these next two weeks very much and feel open to whatever the Lord desires to say and do. I wonder how the Apostles must have felt right when they were called- trepidation, curiosity, excitement, peace? ... ...

(sorry, I don't have to share everything from my journal, now do I? I'll get the relevant stuff in here, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment